No hot water from one faucet

Old 09-30-08, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question No hot water from one faucet

I noticed this morning that I had no hot water flow from the faucet in my bathtub. Cold water flows freely; however, when you turn to hot there is no water pressure. Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to correct. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-08, 06:33 PM
do you have hot water at any other taps in the house? and what type of water heater do you have, gas, elec. etc?

Old 09-30-08, 07:49 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Also let us know if the shower control valve is a single handle, lift on, or ccw cold to hot set up. Brand name would be super.

Old 10-01-08, 11:39 AM
no hot water from one faucet

I have a gas hot water heater; all faucets in the house work except the one which is the faucet in the bathtub in the main bathroom; one faucet controls the water to this bathtub; to operate you turn the faucet knob from cold to hot; water comes on but as you turn it to hot it stays cold and the water pressure gets very low.

Old 02-14-09, 09:35 AM
no hot water in bathtub/shower only

I have the same exact problem. No hot water from bathtub/shower only. All other faucets in house work fine. Pressure is fine as well. At first it was intermitten. I do fave a single handle that when turned clockwise goes from cold to hot. The faucet is Kohler installed in 1998. I have a gas water heater. I live in a suburb of Chicago. Is there a valve that could be clogged. I did replace the water spout several months ago as I was unable to get the water to come from the shower. That works fine since replacement.

Old 02-14-09, 10:41 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
the balancing spool in the faucet is probably stuck. it needs to be taken out and sometimes you can shake them to free up the spool or just replace it