toilet tank condensing dripping on floor

Old 09-13-00, 07:55 AM
Visiting Guest
Red face

the toilet tank is always wet and condensing and the floor is always wet and getting moldy

Old 09-13-00, 05:35 PM
Visiting Guest
I had the same issue I purchased a new 1.6 gal toilet. It condensated all the time. I researched toilets and found out two things One the 1.6 gal are very good but you need to get a good one. Toto is considered top of the line and gets a lot of good reviews. Interestingly enough when I got a good quality 1.6 toilet it does not condensate and never plugs. That may or not be your situation but hopefully it helps.

Old 09-13-00, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can install a tank liner this will help stop it.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Old 09-13-00, 11:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Lmborsyk:

A big reason for uninsulated toilet tanks to sweat is something I call "toilet timing".

Most people use the toilet immediately prior to having a bath or shower. This means that they're flushing the toilet and allowing the tank to fill with cold water immediately prior to filling the bathroom with warm humid air. That's part of the reason so many toilet tanks sweat so much.

If you can simply use the toilet an hour earlier to give the water in the tank a chance to warm up. Or, if you have two baths in your house, use one exclusively for the toilet and the other one exclusively for bathing. Then neither toilet tank would sweat as much.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: