Lavatory pop-up pipe

Old 11-14-08, 04:13 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lavatory pop-up pipe

Under my bathroom sink, I had a leak coming from the pop-up assembly on the drain pipe. Trying to fix it I cracked the plastic pipe when over tightening. I can't find this pop-up drain pipe anywhere. It's a gray plastic pipe with female threading where it attaches to the sink, has a pop-up hole, then goes into a trap. It's only about 10" long total, but I've looked everywhere. I don't want to replace the whole assembly as it's a corian bowl and the thought of using the plumbers putty aroung the drain hole etc. spells more leaks for a barely capable me. I think it was one of those Glacier Bay HD facets, and I'm thinking that's why I can't find it?

Old 11-14-08, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Well, I don't think you'll find just the downtube. They are normally all sold as a complete assembly. Take you old one with you and check all the pop-up assemblys in the Hardware store or Home center. I'd start at HD since they sell Glacier Bay, they may have one from the same overseas supplier.

If you can't find one thats compatible, your only choice is the whole kit. They aren't expensive, and really aren't that hard. I think this and many other sites have simple instructions on replacement.

Old 11-14-08, 05:18 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
CAll Glacier Bay

Originally Posted by derek
Under my bathroom sink, I had a leak coming from the pop-up assembly on the drain pipe. Trying to fix it I cracked the plastic pipe when over tightening. ................ I think it was one of those Glacier Bay HD facets, and I'm thinking that's why I can't find it?
Sounds like one of Glacier Bay's el-cheapo faucet/drain combos. Their number is 866 863 9931.. Or you could go back to HD and for less than $20 buy a quality metal drain and popup and replace that plastic one.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: