cold, then hot, then cold

Old 02-09-09, 09:47 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
cold, then hot, then cold

having a new tile shower installed in my bathroom. The guy doing the work turned off the water supply in my basement. He then disconnected the fixtures in the shower. Now he is in the process of tiling the shower. Problem is........all the cold water in the house runs cold for maybe 10 seconds.....then turns warm to hot for a few seconds.....then back to cold. WHATS UP WITH THAT?????

He swears that is all he did. Turn it off, do his work, then turn it back on,

Old 02-09-09, 12:55 PM
Water Prob.

kmagoo: It dosen't matter what he says, if you never had that problem before, he's done something thats causing it.

If I had a idea of the extent of the work he did, I would have a better chance of coming up with a solution.

Old 02-09-09, 04:59 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I bet he created a crossover somewhere and the hot is getting in to the cold. Stop the job now.

I saw one in an 11 room rooming house where if you turned the shower body to the right, it would send hot water into the sink and the toilet on the other walls.

Old 02-10-09, 01:40 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
ill bet he installed one of those new delta valves that you can buy different trim for and didnt install the plugs so the water wouldnt mix in the valve without the cartridge in it. either hve him install the plugs or get the trim kit and install the cartridge and ill bet all will be well

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: