Water in toilet bowl will not drain all the way.

Old 10-21-00, 04:52 PM
Visiting Guest
I have two toilets in my home and one of them which is on the other end of the house will not drain all the way after being flushed. I have removed the toilet and snaked the line about 24' down. I have also snaked the vent on the roof about 24'. None of this has solved the problem. Even if you hold the handle on the toilet and let it run the water will still not drain out. What is the next step i should take?

Old 10-21-00, 07:28 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Open the tank lid inside you will see the fill valve, off of the fill valve there should be a tube running to the overfill tube, make sure there is good waterflow while the toilet begins to fill up, this is important that there is for it allows the toilet bowl to fill to it's operating level after each flush.
Things To Look At,

1. Flush ring below rim of toilet, use a dental pick to clear these holes.

2. Blow Hole in bottom of toilet, make sure nothing is restricting it flow.

3. Blueing Cake Tank Drop In's, if there remove them, one of the major causing for plugged up flush rings.

4. Fill valve, is it working good is there plenty of water going into overfill tube, if not replace the fillvalve.

Test To Preform on Toilets

1. Take a 5gal bucket of water and pour into toilet, does it go out of toilet with no problems.

2. Lift Tank Lid, don't flush toilet but lift the flapper barley to see where the operating level of bowls is suppose to be at after each flush this will be the point where the water in bowl start to go over the top of the trapway, this is a reference point for this test. now flush the toiet several times and see if the bowl refills back to the same lavel once the fillvalve stops running, if it don't replace the fillvalve.

Best Regards Plumber2000
www.atozplumbing.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: