house water pressure

Old 11-05-00, 06:52 AM
Visiting Guest
I have just relocated my water heater to make room for improvements to my forced air heating system, and have lost pressure to all of my faucets. I changed to cu flex connectors (3/4) vice the old sweated cu (1/2) for installation convenience. 3/4 fittings are needed for the piping into the old water heater anyway, so I don't think size matters? I did have a drip from the cold water pipe that was not allowing me to solder the cold water inlet, so i placed some bread into the pipe to allow me to solder ( an old trick that I saw plumbers use before). Has the bread not fully disolved, plus loosened sediment causing a drop in pressure? How can I speed this process along, or can I flush my system in some way? Any pointers would be appreciated.

Old 11-05-00, 07:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Another FAQ.
Just remove and clean out all of your faucet aerators, and flush the lines before you re-install them. You simply dislodged debris while re-plumbing. (Hope that it wasn't your dip tube in the water heater.)
Good Luck!

Old 11-05-00, 09:53 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
OldGuy is almost certainly correct. I suspect the debris is the bread itself. I hope you didn't use a healthy 12-grain bread! You should only use cheap white bread.

Old 11-08-00, 03:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks oldguy! Cleaning the aerators did the trick. I didn't think a few specks of rust would have caused all that trouble. p.s. I did use cheap white bread, my dog ate the whole grain rye! Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: