toilet flushing problem

Old 11-12-00, 08:01 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

My toilet isn't flushing consistently:
Sometimes the bowl doesn't fill, then the next time it flushes with a big air bubble and splashes, or it just fills and doesn't flush. Other times the bowl fills normally, but doesn't flush. Occasionally it actually flushes correctly. I've replaced all components in the tank and tried several adjustments, but it still has the same problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 11-12-00, 09:36 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Sounds like a partially or mostly clogged main line. Time to call in a drain cleaning service or a plumber with a snake.

Old 11-13-00, 05:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Arrow

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help. Actually I just had someone come in and snake out the main drain. They said it didn't appear to be clogged. Could it be a bad seal somewhere?

Old 11-16-00, 10:54 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I had a similar problem many years ago. It turned out someone dropped a jar lid into the toilet and it flushed part way into the throat. The size of it was just "right" for it to "spin" in the throat. So sometimes it was crossways and obstructed the flow. Other times it was open.

Try removing the toilet and checking the throat from below.

This is less work than it sounds. Before starting, buy a new wax ring and anchor bolts.

Check this forum for removing/replacing a toilet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: