Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Plumbing and Piping
Reload this Page >

Help please, installing a new bathroom faucet, and my hot water valve is leaking

Help please, installing a new bathroom faucet, and my hot water valve is leaking

Old 11-29-08, 10:04 AM

I've installed a new bathroom faucet and everything is working fine except for the hot water connection. I am using ISP flexible tubes for both the hot & cold water connections. The cold water connection was a breeze. Unfortunately, the hot water leaks from the valve/ flex tube connection. I have tried three different flex tubes and I checked the threads on the water valve.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by HerbieJaxie; 11-29-08 at 10:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-08, 01:44 PM
can you send a pic of the connection you have made??? The valve do you mean shut off??

Old 12-03-08, 03:40 PM
Are you sure it is leaking from the connection and not from the nut behind the handle, called the packing nut. This is quite a common problem.

Have you tried using plumbers grease, pipe dope, or teflon tape on that connection? Sometimes that will help,even though it should not be needed. I use plumbers grease.

maybe the valve will need replacement.

If it is the packing nut, you may just need to gently tighten the nut DIRECTLY behind the handle on the shut off valve.