Pressure testing a new plumbing system

Old 12-01-08, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pressure testing a new plumbing system

I'm building a house in upstate NY and I'm doing all my own plumbing and electrical. The local building inspector said I need to pressure test the system and the dairs need 7lbs for 15min and the water pipes need 50lbs for 15min. I have all the pipes sealed, but I need a valve and fitting to connect to the compressor. I can't seem to find something and everything i may myself seems to leak. Is there something that i could purchase somewhere.

Help please

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-08, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you have a hose bib, buy a gauge at a home center that connects to the hose bib.......about $10

if not,,,,,I assume you've built the "leaky" schraeder valve.....the best way is to cap the end,,,,,and keep tightening/gluing......till the pressure stays in the short device you've built......It takes a while, especially if you've used cast iron to fit the valve stem......keep trying,,,,you'll get it.

I live in FL....our waste test consists of the pipe at the outside of the structure going to the sewer/septic is at =>5' and filled with water....you keep filling until the air pockets dislodge, and then let it sit and if the water maintains level, then you pass......sounds like you need another valve in your area with a pressure gauge attached....