tub drain stop

Old 11-26-00, 12:53 PM
Visiting Guest
The water won't drain out of the tub. The lever seems to be frozen. I took off the plate where the lever is at the tub end, but it wouldn't come all the way off. I moved the lever arm by hand, but it appears to be off at the bottom, and I can't reach down inside the tub wall. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Old 11-26-00, 06:53 PM
mojo
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Intvetmed:
The water won't drain out of the tub. The lever seems to be frozen. I took off the plate where the lever is at the tub end, but it wouldn't come all the way off. I moved the lever arm by hand, but it appears to be off at the bottom, and I can't reach down inside the tub wall. Any suggestions on how to fix it?<HR>

what do you mean, it wont come off? are there 2 screws, 1 or 1 1/2 inches long? when you take screws out, plate should come right off. attached to back of plate should be linkage, a cotter pin, then 2 brass rods connected to a brass barrel. maybe these rods and barrel broke off inside pipe? try a piece of bent coat hangar with hook on end, about 14 or 16 inches long. you should be able to fish out barrel, then parts should be easy to replace at any decent hardware store. ok? good luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: