sewage ejector

Old 11-25-00, 04:13 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

had ejector installed when house was built 1987 - just hooked up to finished basement bathroom - now - sewer smell omitting from sewage ejector - what's up with that- any ideas? Thanks for any imput

Old 11-27-00, 06:33 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have limited experience with ejectors but here is a problem I ran into before. A pump was replaced and the cover was not properly sealed. No problems were noticed until the basement toilet was used. The main floor did not use the ejector only the basement thus there was no smell until the basement toilet was used and the sewage waited for ejection.
1) Check the cover on the ejector and make sure everything is properly sealed.This should be completely closed up tight.
2)If the main floor toilet has been using the ejector all along then my theory may not apply but there must be a leak somewhere I would think.
3)I am making the assumption that your new toilet is properly vented and water is remaining in the trap. The only other thing I can think of that may be a coincidence is a dry trap in the floor drain or another fixture that may be letting sewer gas back into the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: