Bathtub/Shower faucet broke off

Old 12-07-08, 06:07 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathtub/Shower faucet broke off

My bathtub faucet recently cracked off and I am having trouble getting the necessary part to fix it. The broken piece is a small threaded plastic piece between the faucet and the connection to the shower head. It has 1 hole in each side for hot/cold water. I am not sure what this part is called or where I can get one. I have checked all the local hardware stores to no avail. I am attempting to epoxy it as a temp fix, but I definitely need the part. Here are some pics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-08, 03:38 PM
I hate to tell you this, but I am pretty sure it is time to replace the faucet. And next time, do not get a cheap plastic faucet.

Old 12-08-08, 04:10 PM
D
Believe me I would have, but this is the original faucet that came with the house (its a mobile home). I really don't want to have to make an even larger hole in the wall behind the shower if I can help it. Still if anyone has any ldeas i'm open to it, any adhesives that would hold? I have heard JB weld may hold it.

Old 12-08-08, 04:47 PM
S
Mobile home parts are unique to the catagory.Suggest you pursue this through mobile home parts supplies,sellers,repair companies etc.It is unlikely you will find this part through traditional plumbing supplies and hardware stores.Also "manufactured homes" sometimes have this type of plumbing as well as other mobile home items.

If you do chose to replace the entire unit again you should pursue a replacement through mobile home parts suppliers.

I'd play around on the net,google etc to find companies that sell mobile home parts.

Old 12-08-08, 05:00 PM
Sorry, I did not realize this is a mobile home.

I agree with spdavid totaly with his remarks.

Old 12-08-08, 07:12 PM
D
Thanks for the help. I will check around here for Mobile home parts stores. Maybe they will have replacement parts.