Problem with Kohler Faucet - Cold Water not coming through!

Old 12-15-08, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with Kohler Faucet - Cold Water not coming through!

Last month, I installed a brand new Kohler faucet - model #K-596 (KOHLER: K-596: Simplice™ single-hole pulldown kitchen faucet: Kitchen Sink Faucets: Faucets: Kitchen). The faucet worked great at first, but a few weeks ago, the cold water pressure started dropping... Trying it again today, the pressure dropped even more -- now it's just a little more than a drizzle. Hot water works great, by the way..

I'm not sure what is going on, but I first suspected in might be the valve I installed on the cold water pipe coming into the cabinet. I turned off the water at the valve, disconnected the hose going from the valve to the faucet, and turned the valve on again (redirecting the water into a bucket). The pressure seems to be great coming through the valve! This leads me to believe the problem is with the faucet. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong here? Did I get a defective faucet?

Thanks,

Tom

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-11, 08:48 AM
I have the same problem, any solutions

Old 08-04-11, 10:18 AM
hi guys –

I’m a newbie, no expert, but is there any way you didn’t do that flush step (step 10 in the referenced installation doc)? Was thinking maybe a machined out chip(s) moving around inside. Yea – that seems like a real long shot. Probably a defective valve.

Like to hear what the pros say. Good looking faucet!

Good luck!

Old 08-04-11, 12:34 PM
I am not a pro either but it sounds like some debris from where ever including even some loose solder if you used that for the shutoff valve, and this has gotten into your new expensive faucet. I would try for an exchange from where you bought it rather than mess further with it and possibly voiding any warranty it might have.

Old 08-28-11, 02:34 PM
NJT
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Did you guys ever get this fixed? Call Kohler, chances are good that they will send a new cartridge... for free...