Oddball water pressure question

Old 12-15-08, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oddball water pressure question

I am in the process of remodeling my basement bathroom (sink/toilet). I stripped everything to the studs redoing elec/walls/floor.
I have the toilet up, sink out and shut off the water at the main (city water) to remove the shut off valves so I can remove the panel wall and replace with drywall.
I got the drywall up, put on new shut off valves, turned on the water at the main. - No leaks. Good job.

Problem- All of the water in the house (kitchen, washer, shower(upstairs) toilet all are fine. But the upstairs bathroom sink is now at just a trickle of water. All other faucets are fine.
What would cause this? I did no work to this sink or shut off anything but the main. Could this be an air pocket in the pipes? Or worse, something clogged in there?
Also this is both the hot and cold side to this sink that is slow.
Please advise and thank you for your time.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-08, 07:47 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
But you did stir up crud in the lines when you took things apart. Take the strainer off the faucet and clear it of the little white or black particles. Run the water without it in place for a few minutes, then replace it. Let us know how it goes.

Old 12-17-08, 06:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yeah I did take the strainer off the faucet and wow, there was some nasty crud in there. The pressure is back, and all is ok. Thanks.