Leaky Faucet With No Markings or Access

Old 12-22-08, 08:43 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Leaky Faucet With No Markings or Access

Leaky faucet in our master bath. There are no markings or logos identifying the brand name or manufacturer. I have been unable to remove the faucet handles to repair a leak. There are no visible screws anywhere on the faucet, nor other obvious means of removing the handle. Other faucet in master bath is the same, no markings, etc. Can you help with this? Any advice you can provide with respect to identification and/or leak repair would be appreciated. I have pictures of the faucet. Our home is in Butler, Pennsylvania, and was built around 1969. Thanks,
Charles

Old 12-22-08, 09:23 AM
M
I have personally never seen a faucet with a handle that couldn't be removed. On many, the screw is hidden under a plastic plug that must be popped out. On the faucet in my RV, there's a very small set screw on the back side of each handle.

Old 12-22-08, 03:59 PM
OK, lets start with the picture, send it along so I can see it.

Most handles will either have a set screw on the side or a center screw in the middle of the handle covered by some kind of plastic cap. Most times a knife or small screwdriver will be needed to remove the plastic cover. Once the cover is removed, you will find the screw to remove the handle.

Let me know how it goes, Mark

Old 12-23-08, 06:30 PM
C
Moen 4560

I at least have found the faucet model: it is a Moen 4560. Unfortunately, I am still unable to disassemble the handle. The instruction manual has pictures, but no instructions as to how to disassemble. Does anybody have any knowledge of this type of faucet?

Old 12-23-08, 06:34 PM
Give me a minute
I will be right back

Old 12-24-08, 12:03 AM
Hi there,

Sorry I could not get right back to you but my computer was being bad tonight. I had to reload my Adobe reader all over again to open the pages I wanted to see.

This is a T4560 fro moen. Let me know if it is what you are working with.
http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/instr...ts/INS712A.pdf

Look at diagram 14 and it shows, all you do is unscrew the round bulbous part of the handle. Let me know if this helps.

Mark

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: