replacing faucet stem/outside bibb

Old 12-29-08, 09:16 AM
replacing faucet stem/outside bibb

My outside faucet has a cracked stem. I've got one more shot at finding a matching stem for the easy fix, if not I believe I am faced with replacing the entire bibb (~10").

Here's my dilemma, the outside wall is stucco, the inside is a room that I just completed gutting/refinishing 2 weeks ago and really don't want to cut into the drywall (Murphy was hanging out at my house this weekend).

Any other options besides hacking into the wall?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-08, 04:46 PM
A picture would really help out here. If you are not sure how to get a picture on here, ask me.

Old 12-30-08, 12:19 AM
replacing faucet stem/outside bib

Originally Posted by gregmc View Post
My outside faucet has a cracked stem. I've got one more shot at finding a matching stem for the easy fix, if not I believe I am faced with replacing the entire bibb (~10").

Here's my dilemma, the outside wall is stucco, the inside is a room that I just completed gutting/refinishing 2 weeks ago and really don't want to cut into the drywall (Murphy was hanging out at my house this weekend).

Any other options besides hacking into the wall?
I have the same situation, only my pipe is embedded in concrete. I have heard of some sort of sleeve product that plumbers can insert from the exposed area up into the damaged pipe that basically creates a new pipe inside the broken pipe, thereby eliminating the necessity of destroying all of the concrete/asphalt/stucco around the damaged portion of pipe. Anyone know about this?