Desperate for answers


Old 12-30-08, 10:15 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: US
Posts: 16
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Desperate for answers

I have a pipe that is coming from inside my wall leading to outside under my carport. The carport is constantly wet from the pipe leaking. And inside my master bath against the wall you can hear something running kind of like the toilet running. Would this be this be a busted pipe in the wall or outside underground? Because a plumber told me that it was under ground and for some reason Im having a hard time believing that or does matter, should I just need to know that I have a major problem and what should I do?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-08, 02:02 PM
chandler's Avatar
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 39,967
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you hear water running, it is running. You probably need to investigate the hose bib on the outside, as it probably has a burst pipe. Is it a frost proof sillcock or a regular bib? If it is a frostproof, did you leave a garden hose hooked up to it during a freeze? If The hose held water in the normally dry part of the sillcock and it froze, splitting the casing. Let us know what you have so we can go further with you.
Old 12-30-08, 03:37 PM
wrmiii's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: West Texas
Posts: 256
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pop off?

I think you said a pipe, not a faucet. If you have just a pipe stubed out from your house with nothing attached it is more then likely a drain line from an appliance or a fixture. I would check the T&P valve on the water heater and consider the condensate drain from your A/C unit. (though it may be to cold for running the a/c)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: