Desperate for answers

Old 12-30-08, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Desperate for answers

I have a pipe that is coming from inside my wall leading to outside under my carport. The carport is constantly wet from the pipe leaking. And inside my master bath against the wall you can hear something running kind of like the toilet running. Would this be this be a busted pipe in the wall or outside underground? Because a plumber told me that it was under ground and for some reason Im having a hard time believing that or does matter, should I just need to know that I have a major problem and what should I do?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-08, 02:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
If you hear water running, it is running. You probably need to investigate the hose bib on the outside, as it probably has a burst pipe. Is it a frost proof sillcock or a regular bib? If it is a frostproof, did you leave a garden hose hooked up to it during a freeze? If so.....bingo. The hose held water in the normally dry part of the sillcock and it froze, splitting the casing. Let us know what you have so we can go further with you.

Old 12-30-08, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pop off?

I think you said a pipe, not a faucet. If you have just a pipe stubed out from your house with nothing attached it is more then likely a drain line from an appliance or a fixture. I would check the T&P valve on the water heater and consider the condensate drain from your A/C unit. (though it may be to cold for running the a/c)