Kohler Shower Valve - Loosing Pressure

Old 01-11-09, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kohler Shower Valve - Loosing Pressure

I have a Kohler 3 valve tub/shower fixture, similar to the Coralais model. Since the original installation about 8 years ago (myself), opening the shower valve has always produced a small stream of water via the fawcet (assumed by design - I never like it) and th shower pressure was fine. Within the past couple of months, the stream through the fawcet has significantly increased and seems to be mostly hot water, while the shower stream was OK, albeit needing less cold water given the leakage of hot water.

I have since pulled the valve and took it all apart to inspect & clean. I have found no viable wear or breakage anywhere. When replacing the same valve, I have now found no way of opening the valve enough for adequate pressure through the shower head. I have tried adjusting the valve engagement during re-installation, but no luck in establishing the level of pressure I once had. I tested with the shower head off (removed) as well and there still is a noticable lack of pressure through the shower pipe & an excessive stream through the fawcet (although the fawcet stream is now of the same mixture as the shower - no longer mostly hot water). I have also validated there is no leak in the system.

I'm tired of taking baths and loosing all of my hot water.

Is something mis-aligned, wore out or broken?

Thanks in advance for your assistance...

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-09, 01:38 PM
Tub valve prob.

Need to know exactly what you have to make a good reply, sorry.

Old 01-12-09, 07:19 PM
Kohler

Thanks - I will call Kohler to see if they can shed any light on the model. I'm sure it is no longer available, but will seek a product/part number.

Does a photo help? I can pull the part at will for reference.

Old 01-23-09, 12:37 PM
shower pressure

I'm having the same problem with my shower. I have a double shower. The side that never gets used is fine. The side that we use all the time is losing pressure. I don't know what model I have since the builder didn't leave any information. I have a single lever with a rain type shower head not the big rain shower head. I took the leaver off but it appears the valve is incased in a plastic covering and I didn't open it. I'm not that handy but the builder told me to check for two screws that control the hot and cold water.........any advice before I call the plumber and spend a ton of money..........thanks..........