ejector pump vent layout

Old 02-06-09, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ejector pump vent layout

i'm planning on putting in a bathroom in my basement. i was wondering if this layout would work? (i understand the vent line from the ejector pit should go up and out through the roof, but would the way i vented the other lines work)?

"]

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-09, 10:46 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
so, are you asking if you can tie the ejector vent into the other vents? the answer is yes although it is not recommended to do so.

if you asking about going out the wall then yes but it is an eye sore and i wouldnt want to be walking by when it is off gassing

Old 02-07-09, 01:32 PM
Ejector pump

frankieromance: Most codes call for the vent to be dedicated to the ejector with nothing else connected to it, if you are doing this yourself without a permit I woudn't worry about it.

I would recommend installing two full port valves on both sides of the check valve, you'll thank me if you ever have to service the check, luck

Old 02-07-09, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=plumbermandan;1518229]so, are you asking if you can tie the ejector vent into the other vents? the answer is yes although it is not recommended to do so.

i am not tying the ejector vent in with the other vents. the utilities will be tied in to the main sewer line vent that goes up and out the wall (this is on the side of the house. no smell comes out that i notice). the ejector vent will be its own vent. i am leaning towards taking the plunge and going thru the roof.

just thinking, could i vent the ejector pipe thru the wall and extend it above the roof level from the outside, instead of going thru the house? i remember reading about a certain amount of bends or degrees of bends in code.

Old 02-08-09, 12:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
that is not a problem other than it is unsightly and if in a cold climate may not be code because of frost

Old 02-15-09, 12:08 AM
I've seen these set ups on TV before... and they scare me. I know there is no other way if your city sewer is higher than your basement floor, but I don't like it.

Running your crapper into a glorified garbage disposal and then pumping it up hill just seems like disaster waiting to happen!

Sorry... I hope your project turns out