Dishwasher overflowing

Old 02-08-09, 12:08 PM
Dishwasher overflowing

My dishwasher started overflowing through the "overflow" valve a couple of weeks ago. I have followed the flow of the water from the dishwasher through the overflow valve into the disposal and then to the main drain.
The water when flushing from the dishwasher is backing up through the "overflow" valve.
I have made sure the disposal is empty when the drain cycle occurs during wash and I have disconnected the drain from the disposal thinking maybe it was clogged. I am stumped.
Can anyone help. Could there be another clog somewhere else.

Last edited by buckhunter2756; 02-08-09 at 12:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-09, 01:02 PM
Dishwasher flooding

buckhunter2756: If your sink still drains without the dishwasher running your clog is probably in the hose that goes from the air-gap to the disposal, you have to take that piece of hose off and make sure its clear, also check where it ties into the disposal.

This dosen't apply if your sink is not draining properly, luck.

Old 02-08-09, 05:33 PM
The problem could be the "Air Gar"/"Overflow Valve" itself and may need replacing.

Old 02-10-09, 02:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by shacko View Post
buckhunter2756: If your sink still drains without the dishwasher running your clog is probably in the hose that goes from the air-gap to the disposal, you have to take that piece of hose off and make sure its clear, also check where it ties into the disposal.

This dosen't apply if your sink is not draining properly, luck.
that is so true but also if the hose has a slight kink it will back up out of the "air gap" which the op refers to as the overflow.

that line from the air gap to the disposal must be 100% free of foriegn material and kinks or it will cause back pressure when the waser pumps the water out and it will come out of the air gap