Clog in main line???

Old 02-14-09, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clog in main line???

My lower level bathroom is adjacent to my laundry room. The toilet is clogged, shower drain is backing up along with the floor drain in my laundry room. I suspect that the cause is a clog in the main line which interconnects the above items. In my laundry room I have a "Jasom (1144) drainage control valve" which if opened I think will answer many questions. My problem I can not for the life of me get this opened not can I find any information on how this valve works. I'm trying to avoid bringing in a plumber so if I can get some direction on how to get this valve opened, checked and cleaned out. Would appreciate some direction.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-09, 12:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
please post a picture of what you are dealing with.

a plumber would go to a clean out and use a sewer machine to fix the problem

Old 02-16-09, 10:58 AM
I have confirmed that the Josam product is a dual back water valve with a flpa valve and manual wheel valve. The whole valve is almost 40 years old and I have been informed that the flap valave is rusted causing it to remain slightly closed only allowing liquids through unless there is enough pressure to push the solids through. At any rate it looks like it will need to be replaced. I am wanting to know what type of back water valves are recomended as I want to make sure this is done right. Please advise.

Old 02-16-09, 02:42 PM
Back Water Valve

sac1965: Two questions that should be answered by your local code office; what type do they approve, and do they still require them, some jurisdictions no longer require them and they don't want them in, luck.