Help

Old 02-20-09, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help

I need to install a new faucet for my tub,the only problem is ,the ones on it has to be from when the house was built in 1940. It has tile walls,and no closet or door to get behind the wall. How do I get the plumbing inside the wall with out brecking the tile and with the least bit of trouble. I am so new at this. The new handles do not fit the old. the screws are so much longer and thinner on the new ones....

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-09, 06:49 AM
What is on the reverse side of the wall that holds your faucet?

Built in 1940, I would assume a complete replacement is in order. Replacing a section of sheetrock on opposite side would be easy, but built in 1940, I would assume you have lathe and plaster.

If I had no other way to access body for faucet, I would carefully remove wall around faucet, trying not to damage tile. However, in the real world, this is not easy. My solution would be to find a color, or white, and replace tile with design or make strip all around tub.

Better still would be get rid of tile and put in nice surround.

Old 02-23-09, 12:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
the only way if no other access is through the tiled wall. it is ugly but you could use a smitty-plate to hide the hole in th wall. here is one place to get them just go to the bottom of this page Escutcheons and smitty plates - PlumbingSupply.com