delta 1500 monitor dripping from shower head

Old 02-20-09, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question delta 1500 monitor dripping from shower head

I have a delta 1500 shower that has a pretty good drip going from the shower head. It has a ball you turn to the left to turn it on. the screw holes are at 1:00 & 7:00. How do I take it apart and can I buy a kit to repair a drip? I have to kill the water to the whole house to do this and don't want to screw it up!. (hear the fear) I'd really appreaciate any help with this.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-09, 07:44 PM
Well, I just searched Deltas web site to show me the model you are talking about and I find nothing in the 1500 series valves. Can you check again or take a picture and post it so I can help. If I know the faucet I am sure I can help you.

Old 02-21-09, 12:03 PM
have 3 pictures

please take a look at the following and thanks for trying to help

Picasa Web Albums - Ed - 2009-02-21

Old 02-21-09, 01:34 PM
Hi, I recognize the valve and I think after the water is shut off, all that you need to do is carefully remove the chrome retaining nut. Below the nut is the cartridge that should pull straight out. Keep track of all positioning so you do not re-install backwards, Then behind the cartridge should be a couple of rubber seats and springs that will need replacing. If I am not mistaken, the seats and springs are the same ones used in the kit sink and bath sink faucets and that should be all you need to replace.
If you find no seats and springs, then you have a newer cartridge and will need to replace the whole cartridge. I do not think this is the case from memory.

Old 02-25-09, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Maybe you already tackled the job.. but I ran across this post just today..

I have the model 1400. Appears the same from the outside anyhow.

Take off the outside hardware as you did.
Note the position of the rotational stop, thats your scald-guard.
Remove the bonnet nut (chrome)
To get the control out (on my 1400 anyhow..) you have to put the knob back on it, and twist it 90deg counterclockwise. Then it slides right out.
As Plumbingods said, the seats and springs are the standard delta units (my part # shows RP4993). Put the springs in fat end first.

There's other o-rings etc in the units, but typically those seats are the ones that wear out.