Question about running CSST

Old 02-24-09, 08:44 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question about running CSST

As part of a major remodelling job on our house, we're switching to gas (water heater, range and dryer). The Florida Public Utilities guy told me the easiest thing to do would be to run CSST to those various appliances.

Don't worry - I am going to be hiring a professional to connect all my appliances and to tie in to the main gas line. But this is the situation: Right now i have no subfloor and my crawlspace and floor joists are exposed. The subfloor is going down in the next 2-3 days, and before the crawlspace and floor joists are covered up, I'd like to at least have the CSST run to the various locations and then stick it up through holes in the floor.

I won't be messing with the gas - the end of my CSST won't even be within 25 feet of the main gas line - much less connected to it.

My only question is, does the csst have to be anchored to the bottom of the floor joists (the way my CPVC water pipes are)? or can it just lay on the ground of my crawlspace?

Old 02-25-09, 07:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
csst has to be attached just like the cpvc but it also has to be grounded properly not to mention that it is not supposed to be sold to anyone without a certification to install it. if the floor is open why not just run black steel pipe and test it with air pressure before covering it up?

i hope this work is permitted and inspected.

i suggest having a professional install any and all gas piping. it is the one thing in plumbing that if there is 1 mistake you may not have a house or worse!

Old 02-25-09, 07:45 AM
A
yes, its all permitted and all has to be inspected. I wouldn't attempt a "major remodelling job" without it.

The Florida Public Utilities technician is the one who told me it was no problem for me to run the CSST lines - he even told me where to purchase it - as long as FPU came out and did the connections.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: