cast iron sewer lines?

Old 02-24-09, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cast iron sewer lines?

my inlaws have i guess it is cast iron, but their main sewer line that goes into the ground is leaking. there is a part where you can screw it off and i guess access it and that is where it is leaking. now here is the problem, the inside of the flange only has 1 thread on it. but the male end has like 5 or six. where the other threads are i dont know or maybe all the stuff gooked up and they are gone...lol, but anyways i have used teflon take and pipe compound to get it to stop but it hasnt worked. anyone have any ideas what i can do? and type of caps i can put on, just give me an idea. thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-09, 08:23 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
have the line cleaned. that is a clean out by your description and should not be leaking unless there is a drain line blockage/restriction

Old 02-25-09, 02:17 PM
so get it cleaned out from that point on? or should i just clean the access part really good? but like i said in my last thread the female end of the pipe only has like 1 maybe 2 threads showing. i think that is the prob but there is soo much stuff where the rest of the threads are that i would have no clue what to use to clean it, any ideas?