Warm water out of cold

Old 02-26-09, 10:48 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Warm water out of cold

I get warm water out of the cold side on my kitchen faucet, have to let it run awhile before cold water comes out. I have a forced hot water heating system with tankless hot water. How do I fix this?

Old 02-26-09, 01:58 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 1,708 Upvotes on 1,525 Posts
There is probably no easy way to fix it. It sounds like the cold water plumbing is installed close to the hot water plumbing somewhere. The hot water plumbing is heating your cold water pips. Running the cold water for a while flushes out the heated water until you get fresh cold water.

You can insulate the hot pipes or relocate the plumbing so the hot and cold lines are further apart.

Old 02-27-09, 04:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by Lyons117 View Post
I get warm water out of the cold side on my kitchen faucet, have to let it run awhile before cold water comes out. I have a forced hot water heating system with tankless hot water. How do I fix this?
there is a cross over somewhere in you system. if you have 1 handle faucets one or more of them could have an internal leak allowing the hot water to go into the cold water side. if you have a recirculation system that could be the problem. cant really tell you what or where the prolem is without being there

Old 02-27-09, 05:19 PM
B
Received 44 Upvotes on 40 Posts
years ago had a single lever shut-off for the washer hot and cold. It was intended to take the pressure off of the hoses. Anyway, when using water elsewhere in the house, this valve was allowing backflow and the cold water would turn warm. Never figured out why, just installed two single shut-offs.

for what it's worth
Bud

Old 06-30-10, 08:15 AM
P
I have the same problem and I have two "one-handle" faucets in the house. I am planning to get rebuild kits for both and see if it could solve the problem.

Old 06-30-10, 07:56 PM
S
Could possibly be backflow but I've seen cold lines ran to close to a heat run or touching a hot water line that causes this problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: