I have lost my water pressure

Old 03-02-09, 06:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have lost my water pressure

My water pressure was never great but it wasnt to bad either. Here recently i have noticed a dramatic decrease in pressure. Im on well water with a water softener and diaphram tank. When showering in the morning if you flush the toilet you pretty much lose all of your pressure and get just a drip of water until the toilet fills back up. That is the case throughout he entire house as well. I went and checked to make sure the valves on the softener where opened all the way and they were. What could be causing this?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-09, 05:15 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Does your softener back wash? It sounds to be the culprit. Is there anyway you could build a bypass valve pipe combination so you can take it out of line? You could eliminate or include it in your problem list by doing that. How old is your tank? What pressure is the tank when empty? It should be 2# less than your well switch cut in pressure.

Old 03-03-09, 11:03 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chandler View Post
Does your softener back wash? It sounds to be the culprit. Is there anyway you could build a bypass valve pipe combination so you can take it out of line? You could eliminate or include it in your problem list by doing that. How old is your tank? What pressure is the tank when empty? It should be 2# less than your well switch cut in pressure.
Checked this morning and found that the filter was clogged, replaced and pressure was back.

thanks