Water line vibration

Old 03-02-09, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water line vibration

Hellllllllp...I live in a Mobile Home Park. A little over 4 months ago the water lines from underground leading into the water meter and into the hot water heater began to vibrate. The strange thing is it only affects 11 or 12 residents myself included. At first it was not too bad, it then became so sever that I became afraid it would affect the connections to my pipes and damage my hot water heater. I began to turn my water off at the meter at night and on in the morning only to turn it off again when I left for work and on when I got home. Even when off I could feel the vibrations in the main water pipe leading into the ground.The water company who supplies our water investigated and could find nothing. Our park replaced some valves and still nothing. A water hammer was applied to my coach, the severity of the vibrations has lessened to a small degree but the vibrations still continue. I have shut off the water supply at the meter and opened all my facuets and then turned it back on, the vibrations still continue one about every 2 to 5 minutes apart, sometimes it vibrates as long as 30 minutes only to quit for a minute or two and then start up again. It is so bad I can no longer sleep in my bedroom, because the neighbors behind me, their water lines vibrate loud enough for me to hear throughout the night. I have replaced all of the toilet flappers and fill valves. Needless to say I am still turning my water off and on and would like to be able not to do so. Another strange thing is it vibrates whether water is running or not. Hopefully someone will be able to solve this mystery.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-09, 11:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
ill place a stack of chips on a seal/washer in the system somewhere that has gone bad. keep on the manager to get a plumber out to fix it

Old 03-03-09, 07:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 33 Votes on 32 Posts
I'd agree wholeheartedly, it's a washer or similar on one of the main valves in the park. I'd start with a valve that turns off your section. It's probably only vibrating when water is being used somewhere (it doesn't have to be your water).

I'd definitely stay on the manager and the water company. The vibrations themselves won't hurt anything, but the constant moving of your pipes will certainly break something at some point as pipes aren't supposed to move around like that.

Good luck!

Old 03-03-09, 07:50 PM
water line vibrations

hmmm...a gambling man...you sound pretty sure of yourself...and have given advice I have not heard of yet...I'll pass your suggestions on to the Managers and hope the flop falls in my favor...and the turn and the river completes the hand...lol...

Old 03-04-09, 09:58 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by toriakd View Post
hmmm...a gambling man...you sound pretty sure of yourself...and have given advice I have not heard of yet...I'll pass your suggestions on to the Managers and hope the flop falls in my favor...and the turn and the river completes the hand...lol...
i am looking foward to hearing how this hand turns out

Old 03-04-09, 07:05 PM
Thanks Zorfdt...It's always good to have a second opinion...especially if it is of the same opinion as the first...

Last edited by toriakd; 03-04-09 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-04-09, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by plumbermandan View Post
i am looking foward to hearing how this hand turns out
It's a deal then...LOL...will let you know how the cards fall...