Commercial grade hot water circulator/ recirculator?

Old 03-07-09, 05:43 AM
Z
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Commercial grade hot water circulator/ recirculator?

Does anyone know of a commercial grade hot water circulator/ recirculator controler to use on a hot water return?

Old 03-07-09, 08:25 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by zizanio
Does anyone know of a commercial grade hot water circulator/ recirculator controler to use on a hot water return?
controller? what are you wanting to do with the recirculation pump?

Old 03-07-09, 02:11 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
I'm going to assume this is for your laundromat. Are you continually second-guessing your architect or engineer or are you trying to do this job on the cheap by picking everyone else's brain and doing the engineering by yourself?

Old 03-08-09, 11:04 AM
Z
I don't appreciate your comment, the last time I looked at the description of this "Do it yourself" forum it said "Plumbing and Piping Cleaning, fixing, installing, replacing drains, traps, mains, drainage, sewage, water and gas lines. Valves: ball, gate, directional, flow, pressure control, earthquake and regulation, etc."

From what I can see, this is a forum that people help one another by understanding how things work and what products to use. In this day and age there is plenty of hardship where people look to do things "on the cheap" and save.

That said, if you don't have a positive/productive comment or posting why don't you do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself.

Originally Posted by furd
I'm going to assume this is for your laundromat. Are you continually second-guessing your architect or engineer or are you trying to do this job on the cheap by picking everyone else's brain and doing the engineering by yourself?

Old 03-08-09, 09:28 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Everyone on this board is more than happy to help you or anyone else work on their residential systems. The problem comes when you start asking questions that pertain to commercial installations. For many reasons, primarily public safety, the requirements for commercial installations are often quite a bit higher than they may be for residential usage.

A large majority of your recent questions have been in regard to your laundromat. This IS a commercial development and as such it MUST follow all the rules and regulations for a commercial installation. You have often been rather chary in offering complete information on either the existing or proposed arrangement of your commercial venture. If your question on domestic hot water recirculation systems is for your mansion ( I consider an 8,000 square foot residence in New York City, or anywhere else for that matter, to be a mansion) then state that up front and I'm sure that many people will offer ideas although I suspect that very few members of this board even dream of having a house of that size.

As for my "attitude"; I used to be paid in the six figures for doing the kind of engineering and design work you seem to think should be offered gratis by the members of this board. I have no problem helping the struggling homeowner in various ways but I draw the line at doing commercial engineering work for free. Furthermore, my advice is to ALWAYS check local codes for any variance from the national codes. I will NOT help someone to violate their local codes nor will I take money from the pockets of engineers and designers still actively working.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: