Toilet braided line, water leak.

Old 03-17-09, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet braided line, water leak.

Hi everyone! I had a question regarding a toilet leak. Basically the braided line that elads from the water supply to the tank is leaking.

I had no such issue UNTIL after I replaced the pump inside the tank. After that, there seems to be a leak at the joint in the braided line, right past the threaded nut that connects to said water supply.

I thought the braided line was the issue and so I purchased a new replacement and installed it. The leak seems smaller so I believe the location is correct.

Any ideas on what the issue may be? I have lowered the water pressure. The line is longer than I need in the space, and it is coiled a bit.

Here is a picture, I drew an arrow to the spot I believe to be the culprit. Any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-09, 04:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
You don't need teflon tape on that connection. Tightening the connection compresses a rubber ring inside the fitting and presses the hose to seal it. Take the connection off and make sure there is a rubber ring inside it. If not, you will need to get one that does.

Old 03-17-09, 08:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
those lines either leak or they dont. if they leak you need a nw one but it seems you may have a different problem . take a piece of toilet paper and start at the tank and using one edge run it around the to and bottome of each nut starting with the nut holding the fill valve, then the nut that attaches the hose to the fill valve, and then the nut that attaches the hose to the water stop valve until youu find a wet spot on the pice of paper and that will be where the leak is actually coming from. you may also want to check the packing nut for the water stop valve handle because that could also make the leak seem like it is coming from the spot you pointed out.