I think a toy may be stuck

Old 03-26-09, 01:12 PM
I think a toy may be stuck

I think a toy is stuck down in my toilet. I tried snaking it but couldn't get it. What can I do?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-09, 01:42 PM
Upvotes Received: 16
did you try some type of hook on the end of the snake to try to snag and pull the object back in your direction?

Worse comes to worse, pick up a new bees wax seal and pull the unit out. If you are reasonably handy, it is an easy job.

Describe what is happening. Is there a clean out accessible below this bathroom, i.e. in the basement.

Bud

Old 03-27-09, 07:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Originally Posted by binon5 View Post
I think a toy is stuck down in my toilet. I tried snaking it but couldn't get it. What can I do?
pulling the toilet and wrestling with it outside might be the only option. been there and done that and it can be a pita sometimes

Old 03-28-09, 01:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Shut off toilet water valve.

Cup out and drain out water from bowl. This allows floating plastic toys to be able to drop out of the top of the trap in the toilet when you bump around against the toy with the snake. This is THE most overlooked tip there probably is when snaking objects from toilet!

Often times you have to repeat toilet auger(snake).

Do not use cheap small head 15 foot snake you can qet at bigbox store. Use actual 'toilet auger' that has curved pipe that snake part is inside and has a bigger head. Also, if no luck, bend snake head, at angle some, and try again.

Try pouring down pails of 5 gal water into bowl, allowing water to drop in from high up height, as fast as you can, so Niagara Falls type effect can blast against toy, and get it to move. Then snake again. Repeat over and over.

If no luck, pull toilet, as suggested, and turn upside down in bathtub or outside and snake through bottom to push toy back out into the bowl. And pour 5 gal. pail of water down from the bottom.

(I've mastered toilet problems over the years from years and years in rental business.)