Problem with fitting old soil stack with new PVC.

Old 03-30-09, 08:10 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with fitting old soil stack with new PVC.

Hello,

We recently bought a duplex house in Lakewood, OH. It has been foreclosed for two years and is obviously in need of some repairs.

The other day we completely gutted the bathroom and today have stated installing the new PVC drain. This is the fun part.

Both sides of the house share the soil stack. Toilets are facing opposed onboth sides. Well we used a pipe snap wrench today and cut the 4" pipe for the toilet and shower/sink drain. (Good thing we did, massively clogged. )

Ok, so first I threw on the rubber coupling to join the Cast iron and PVC. Then I have a Double Wye fitting. It has the two fittings coming out on opposite side at 2" female connections with the 4" pipe in the middle. On the end of that I have the Street 90 coming up for the toilet.

After loosely connecting all that parts we found that the 90 coming out of the floor by about two inches. With no room to play. Should we just build the floor up around the toilet a little to accommodate this issue? Or any other suggestions on how to work around this?

There are so many different fittings at Lowe's and Home Depot to play with! Also, I will try to take pictures tomorrow so you can get a better idea of what I am talking about.

Old 03-31-09, 08:06 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
we have got to have the pics before we can say anything one way or the other about the toilet but th other fitting sounds like you are using it in a way that is not legal by any code i know of

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: