Need major help!!!

Old 04-11-09, 11:21 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need major help!!!

Ok well I am about to be the proud owner of my first home. YEah, right. Not yet here is the deal it is a Cape Cod and the upstairs is NOT finished. No biggie since I look for challenges. But I am not a plumbing guru and need some help. The vents are ran out side and the hot&cold water is piped up thur floor. I only see where the toilet has a drain and not the sink or shower. So ho do I branch on to the vent inorder to drain? Is it above or below toilet brach? I want to say above but I am not sure. Please help!!!!

Old 04-11-09, 03:46 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Depending on code in your region, -

-it can be done both ways, if sink (or even the tub) to toilet's main stack vent is within 6 feet. Venting under the floor is called wet venting - and over the floor, above the height of the top of the sink, is called dry venting. But if distance from tub or sink to the main stack is over 6 feet (again, depending on what your code says), you have to dry vent those fixtures - either separate of the toilet, or tied in with the toilet's main stack vent.

Some codes will allow Studor vents, (that are check valve devices where the vent pipe does not discharge to the outside air, but terminates at the check valve inside the house, atop that short vent pipe). Sometimes these are used for remodel projects.

Old 04-12-09, 03:48 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
well actually a dry vent is one that has nothing draining into it and a wet vent has something that drains into the vent of another fixture such as a sink draining into a toilets vent.

posting pictures of what you have now, in the walls and under the floor, and hwere you want the fixtures placed would be the only way we could give you the advice you seek

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: