Deteriorating (?) Water Pressure in Shower

Old 05-23-09, 01:18 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Deteriorating (?) Water Pressure in Shower

Hi,

I'm a renter, and debating whether to push my landlord into checking more deeply into the plumbing of our older triplex.

Over about the last 8 months, the hot water in our shower has become harder and harder to control, turning off spontaneously more and more often. I have ruled out water use by other tenants, particularly because this did not happen at all for the first year-and-half we lived here.

At the moment, they send the handyman, and things seem fixed only superficially.

Could this be something they should have an experienced plumber check into? I'm worried it will become a "weekend emergency" and they'll end up having to pay double rates…

Is there some underlying problem that could make this happen? What other information do you need?

Let's see… We're on the bottom floor of an older 2-story, Los Angeles triplex.

Oh, and I've noticed that the hot water handle is sometimes quite warm even when no water is running.

Old 05-23-09, 07:52 PM
Lots of variables to this equation you speak of. There's probably no way for you to know the piping arrangement either.

For a internet guess...

It sounds like possibly a cross connection by either a portable dishwasher or washing machine in another unit, or there's two valves mixing hot and cold together causing these problems.

A licensed plumber would be your best bet in resolving this issue.

Old 05-23-09, 09:09 PM
Thanks! The spooky part is that it seems to be getting worse over time. I'll talk to them about it in more detail, and mention your comments.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: