Using power washer to clean main drain

Old 06-23-09, 09:58 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Using power washer to clean main drain

I was looking for a part for my power washer and saw an accessory that hooks up to your power washer to clean the main drain in your house. It consist of a sewer hose and a sewer nozzle that jets your pipe.

Has anyone ever used one of these? It seems like it would be good to have. Can I do any damage to my pipe with this?

Old 06-23-09, 01:53 PM
Pressure Washer For Sewer

Without knowing exactly what you want to use and the caveats that should come with it, its hard to say. The main problem is excess pressure in a sewer line can blow the whole line apart. If there isn't a means of controlling the pressure I wouldn't use it.

Old 06-23-09, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Really I can't see a problem...sure maybe in a sealed system...but sewers are open. I wouldn't use it in any sort of old clay or tarpaper lines (yes, there were tarpaper sewer lines) of course.

Can't be much more than a wimpy version of the truck mounted water jet cleaners. It might blow through paper, grease and waste clogs..but probably wouldn't do anything for roots...

Old 06-25-09, 10:45 AM
B
Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Really I can't see a problem...sure maybe in a sealed system...but sewers are open. I wouldn't use it in any sort of old clay or tarpaper lines (yes, there were tarpaper sewer lines) of course.

Can't be much more than a wimpy version of the truck mounted water jet cleaners. It might blow through paper, grease and waste clogs..but probably wouldn't do anything for roots...
I'm pretty sure mine is clay. Best to avoid it I guess.

Old 03-19-10, 06:31 AM
P
The force of pressurized water from a well-matched sewer jetter nozzle is close to the maximum force you'll get from your pressure washer spray wand. With a jetter that's powered by your pressure washer you can get strong pulling action deep into your sewer drain, thoroughly scrub the sides of dirty pipes, break apart some serious man-made clogs, and flush out the residue - but you typically can't cut through tree roots and other solid obstructions. While jetters are designed for metal and plastic (PVC) pipes, most suppliers say not to use them in ceramic pipes because of the risk of scoring the clay surface. You can find tips for building or buying a pressure washer sewer jetter attachment at http://www.sewerjetgazette.net.

Last edited by Paul D.; 03-19-10 at 06:50 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: