leaky valve; what is this device?


Old 06-29-09, 03:12 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
leaky valve; what is this device?

Hey folks. anyone know what this device is? it's leaking and i'd like to find out what it is and how to fix the leak It's the first thing installed on the well pump line coming into the house.

the label is not legible unfortunately.

from the bottom:

i was thinking it might be a check valve, but i'm really not sure.

thanks inadvance for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-09, 04:00 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wilmington
Posts: 4,219
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The arrow indicates a check vale, but it could also be be a pressure regulator looking at the adjustment, not sure.
Old 06-29-09, 04:33 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,959
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Interesting that it has a bleeder cap and a compression fitting outlet.I'm wondering if at least part of it's function is to be able to bleed the line or drain it maybe.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: