Outside ground water cover


Old 08-05-09, 12:53 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 305
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Outside ground water cover

Ok when I was cutting my grass I went over the main shut off cover on the ground and split it as well as the casing. I am not sure what you call them but I was wondering if someone can let me know what the cover and the case around it is called and where I can get a new one. Don't want to call the water company and have them rip me off for a new one.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-09, 01:13 PM
Gunguy45's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 21,117
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Depending on where you are..they may replace it for free. Here they did when I inquired about moving it. You may not even be able to buy the type your locality uses.
Old 08-07-09, 08:21 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 166
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I think it's called a curb box or curb box riser.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: