help, no water

Old 08-19-09, 06:22 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool help, no water

I'm perplexed. I noticed I didn't have any hot water coming out of a faucet. I turned of the cold valve under the sink and no water comes out at all. I checked another room and the same thing happened there. We do have hot water in other areas of the house though. The only thing I'm wondering is I have a water recirculation system that was put in after the house was built.
Any ideas?

Old 08-19-09, 01:51 PM
Question No Hot Water

Need more information, what fixtures are not getting hot water?, how far are they from each other? how far are they from the hot water heater? has anything been done to the system recently?

Old 08-19-09, 02:56 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Is it galvanized pipe?

Once had a customer that hadn't had hot water to her washer for several years. When I replaced the water heater I found a valve buried behind it that only controlled the hot water to the washer hose bib. Shouldn't have been one but there was. I am not saying that is your problem just that sometimes you can find some strange things so look for the unexpected.

Old 08-19-09, 05:01 PM
P
do you have a well or city water?
if you have a well is it a submersible pump ( out at the point under ground?
or above ground pump. if you have the above ground see if you can find it and if it is running all the time. maybe broken pipe and is leaking out on those water lines, depending on your set up. if there real old they could be clogged. especially if someone thought to put a treatment system in.
could be a clogged pipe there or miss direction of flow from sediment deposits in that softener. i`m haveing problems with my softener right now that`s how i found this site to begin with.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: