Toilet--cast iron pipe, replacing flange


Old 08-24-09, 07:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ohio
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet--cast iron pipe, replacing flange

We are going to be reflooring a bathroom in an old house. The toilet plumbing is cast iron. We'll need to raise the closet bend & flange, as the sub-flooring will make the floor higher. I've heard there is some sort of insert that can do this without actually changing the existing plumbing. Could anyone tell me anything about this?

If not, what is the best way to remove the cast iron and replace with PVC?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-09, 07:10 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wet side of Washington state.
Posts: 18,485
Received 28 Votes on 22 Posts
Spacer rings for toilet flanges are available and would be the easiest to use. You might have to go to a plumbing supply company to find them rather than the big box megamart homecenter.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: