Want to put a Toilet and sink on opposite side of wall.

Old 08-27-09, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Want to put a Toilet and sink on opposite side of wall.

Hello everyone, I have been browsing these forums for a while and have found much help here. I live in a 3 bdrm house with 1 bath. 2 daughters, 1 son, and 1 wife. Along with other pets. I need a second bath!! We plan on converting our 12'~x 6'~ laundry room into a half bath/laundry room kinda deal. Our current bathroom sits on the opposite side of our laundry room which should make for somewhat of an easy install. (so Im hoping).
What I would like to know is what all would I need to do to tap into my waste line for my toilet, and sink? I believe the waste line runs down the entire wall already from our kitchen to the washer waste then eventually to the toilet. The entire wall the plumbing is all in is only 12-14' or so. I can get some pics if needed. Thanks! By the way I am on a slab, no craw space or basements

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-09, 03:10 PM
Question Half Bath

Pictures would be good. We need to know exactly what you plan with some rough measurments and the approx. location of the existing plumbing; you do realize to put in a toilet will probably mean busting concrete.

Old 08-31-09, 05:57 PM
Get a masonry blade for a Skillsaw at your local hardware store. Cut a rectangle in the concrete about two inches deep and rent a small demo hammer to break up the inside square ( a few good swings with a sledge hammer would do the trick). This will give you a clean cut. Dig down and see if the waste line is there; if not do the same on the toilet side and tie both together.