Galv. pipe fittings?

Old 08-29-09, 04:30 AM
Galv. pipe fittings?

Well actually it will be black iron pipe. I need to replace the pipe that fills my oil tank. Right now they have plastic for this purpose. When measuring for iron pipe how much thread do you allow for threading into the fittings.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-09, 11:47 AM
Pipe Thread

Don't know what size you are using so I'll give you some of the common ones: 1/2+3/4=1/2in., 1=9/16in., 1 1/4+1 1/2=5/8in.,2=11/16in, keep in mind that these measurments are approx., due to the differences in iron pipe they can't be exact, but these should be fine for general use.

BTW, get that plastic out as fast as you can, could be a fire hazard, a lot of plastic deteriorates when in contact with petroleum!

Old 08-29-09, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by shacko View Post
Don't know what size you are using so I'll give you some of the common ones: 1/2+3/4=1/2in., 1=9/16in., 1 1/4+1 1/2=5/8in.,2=11/16in, keep in mind that these measurments are approx., due to the differences in iron pipe they can't be exact, but these should be fine for general use.

BTW, get that plastic out as fast as you can, could be a fire hazard, a lot of plastic deteriorates when in contact with petroleum!
Thanks, its 2"

The previous owner jury rigged everything he could. Old people trying to save a buck