Water Softener Drainage Problem

Old 09-03-09, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Water Softener Drainage Problem

My water softener sits in a laundry room next to my kitchen wall. The water softener sits on the side of the laundry room opposite from my washer and its drain. As a result, I have the run off from the water softener cycling draining from tubing running through the back wall of the laundry room onto my patio. I believe the drainage is eating into the back patio concrete. I am looking for a low cost solution. I think it might cost a lot to have an additional drain installed into the laundry room. The kitchen drain has a cap that sticks through the back wall onto the patio. I am wondering whether it would be a good solution to try to run a drain from there to the water softener. I am also wondering if it would be better to try to extend the kitchen sink drain through the wall to the laundry room and the water softener. I am also wondering if it would be best to just buy longer flexible tubing to drain the current water softener runoff completely past the patio and into the back yard; and then hope the drainage doesn't kill the grass too badly. Suggestions? Respond to [email protected].

Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-09, 06:19 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I'm not a pro, but here's an idea that could work. Under your kitchen sink, replace the drain tailpiece with one that has a connection for a dishwasher drain. Then hook the softener drain line to that connection.

I've not actually done this but I don't see why it wouldn't work.