I have the constant sound of running water

Old 09-05-09, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have the constant sound of running water

I read a similar post but the answer does not apply to my situation. I live in a mobile home, raised off the ground. The sound stops when I turn the main off. I have checked every faucet, every toilet and underneath the home. I cannot find a leak any where. I wish I had so I could stop the noise. We don't have a meter, so I can't check if it is flowing that way. It seems loudest at the WH (which is new), but it can be heard anywhere in the house where there is a water fixture.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-09, 03:22 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Feel your main supply line to tell if indeed the problem is water rushing through your pipe. You should be able to actually feel it.

If not, sound of running water can travel a good way through mobile home court main sewer line and also the common main line supplying the court, even for hundreds of feet! - if you are in a court. Neighbor might have ruptured line or clamp off a pex line - which happened in trailer court recently and caused same effect among people who lived there, with everyone else thinking they had a water leak - when here it was somebody else! (Cause: Clamp came off pex line and was full blown gusher with 4 inch deep lake under trailer!)

Water could surface outside somewhere, if the sound has been happening for some time. Check outside your place and around nearby residences, carefully, and listen at everyone elses skirting.