No Hot Water After Installing New Shower Valve

Old 09-16-09, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No Hot Water After Installing New Shower Valve

My firend just bought a older home and wanted his bathroom redone. After gutting the bath, removing the old shower valves, replacing it with a Price Pfister single valve I noticed when checking for leaks that when I turned on the shut off valves to the shower that the entire house lost it's hot water. Thinking I had a bad valve, I went to Home Depot, returned it and reinstalled it. After a few days of construction, I wanted to test it before installing the backer board. To my suprise, I still have the same problem. When I turn on the shut off valves to the shower, the hot water in the house gets cold. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-09, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your post language is ambiguous. Please be more specific. What model PF faucet? What is "whole house"?

1st.) When tearing into old plumbing, you will necessarily open up a large can of worms. Have you missed a shut off valve somewhere?

2nd.) Any galvanized pipe in the runs? Plan on replacing it. It is notorious for rusting and clogging from the inside.

3rd.) Is the cartridge installed reversed? Try installing it 180 degrees around.

Hope this sparks your mind.