refridgerator water line - is this it?

Old 10-25-09, 09:37 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
refridgerator water line - is this it?

Hello all. This is my first post!

I am trying to purchase a fridge with water and ice dispenser. I took pictures of what appears to be a waterline going to my current fridge, but I am not sure if it will be sufficient for the water dispenser (my current fridge does not have it).

Can you please look at the pictures I took and let me know if my current setup will be sufficient for a new fridge with water dispenser?

IMG00035-20091025-1147 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG00036-20091025-1147 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

IMG00037-20091025-1147 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

THANK YOU!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-09, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Thats it..its what everyone has. I'd suggest using the braided stainless supply line, no chance of splitting or damaging it when moving the fridge. They have kits that give you about 6' of line.

Oh...and Welcome to the Forum...

Old 10-25-09, 09:44 AM
B
how cool!

Originally Posted by Gunguy45 View Post
Thats it..its what everyone has. I'd suggest using the braided stainless supply line, no chance of splitting or damaging it when moving the fridge. They have kits that give you about 6' of line.
Great! So if I buy a standard "side-by-side" fridge with water dispenser, it can be installed with no additional plumbing work? I assume water coming from this line is drinkable?

Thanks again for your quick response!

Old 10-25-09, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Yes...it will be fine..it must be connected to your icemaker now?

One note....check on the pricing for the replacement filters on the new fridge...I've seen some as high as $50 and they recommended replacing them every 6 months! The fridge should come with a bypass plug so you don't have to filter it if its not needed.

Old 10-25-09, 09:55 AM
B
water line

Yes...it will be fine..it must be connected to your icemaker now?

One note....check on the pricing for the replacement filters on the new fridge...I've seen some as high as $50 and they recommended replacing them every 6 months! The fridge should come with a bypass plug so you don't have to filter it if its not needed.
That's the strange thing - my current fridge does not have any kind of dispenser - no ice, no water. So, frankly, I'm not sure what the connected line is really for. (?!?)

I went to home depot today and saw some nice fridges on specials (10% off). I'm really hot for getting one now, but they may have a better deal later, especially before Christmas. I wonder if waiting a little would save a lot of money...

Old 10-25-09, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
It must have been connected by whoever put the fridge in originally. Maybe the current one HAD an icemaker but it broke and they didn't replace it, just removed th mechanism, but left the line connected? Or when it was first installed they were going to put an icemaker in, but never got around to it. Thats definitely the hookup for an icemaker.

Old 10-25-09, 10:09 AM
B
thank you so much

It must have been connected by whoever put the fridge in originally. Maybe the current one HAD an icemaker but it broke and they didn't replace it, just removed th mechanism, but left the line connected? Or when it was first installed they were going to put an icemaker in, but never got around to it. Thats definitely the hookup for an icemaker.
that's great...thank you so much!

Now I just have to find out when is a good time to buy a fridge at Home Depot. I wonder if they run better specials than the current one (10% off appliances).

Old 10-25-09, 06:27 PM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 102 Votes on 95 Posts
In my opinion, I find the 10% off at HD is a pretty good deal. The manufacturers play games so you can't really compare prices from one place to another since the model XY1234 at HD isn't sold anywhere else... but the local store has a AB9999 instead which has basically all the same features.

Go ahead and pick one out and enjoy it.

Good luck!

Old 10-25-09, 06:36 PM
B
thank you!

Originally Posted by Zorfdt View Post
In my opinion, I find the 10% off at HD is a pretty good deal. The manufacturers play games so you can't really compare prices from one place to another since the model XY1234 at HD isn't sold anywhere else... but the local store has a AB9999 instead which has basically all the same features.

Go ahead and pick one out and enjoy it.

Good luck!
absolutely! Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~