Problem with bath tub faucet and stems

Old 10-31-09, 11:26 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Problem with bath tub faucet and stems

Just prior to us moving in, the entire tub surround, faucet, stems and shower head had been replaced. Our next door neighbor is the landlords right hand man and the go to person. When the plumber was here to relace the toilet the neighbor mentioned that he was afraid there might be a leak with the tub assembly, at the time we missed exactly what he was talking about.

The first time we used the tub I noticed that when you have the water running both of the hot/cold water knobs were leaking water and something seemed funky with it, you have to run with just hot first then cool off with cold because if you try to get just the right temp it goes from scalding hot to not hot enough with a minute turn.

You had to turn off the knobs really good so it wouldnt drip. Problem is now even if you turn off as tight as you can, water is running really bad from faucet, no drip, water is running and you can hear water running from the pipes like it is not turned off completely. What is the problem? All of it is brand new.

Old 11-01-09, 10:10 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I ran into something like that once. The new stems were one thread shorter than the old stems, so the washer didn't reach the seat. (cheap capitalists) I put a double washer on it, which is really not a fix but the owner didn't want to spend any more money.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: