No water coming out of bathroom faucet??

Old 11-02-09, 11:37 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No water coming out of bathroom faucet??

Over the weekend, I installed a new gas hot water heater in a rental property. Some questions I have:
  1. There was a contiuous stream of water coming out of the hot water pipe when I disconnected the hot water heater...what would cause this to happen? I would understand if water was leaking from the cold water pipe...
  2. After I installed the hot water heater, there is a trickle of water coming out of the cold water faucet in the bathroom and no water coming from the hot water faucet. The water in the tub is coming out okay. What would cause this? Ideas? I checked the aerator to see if there were any mineral deposits as we have very hard water but didn't find any...could there be some deposits in the supply lines?
Any help would be most appreciated...thanks in advance.

Mike

Old 11-02-09, 02:31 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Does the water come out with the aerator removed?

If the faucet has cartridges check to see if you get water flow with them removed.

When you disconnect the supply line from the supply valve does water come out.

Old 11-04-09, 07:42 AM
M
Thanks Ray...water doesn't come out even with the aerator removed...the faucet is a low-end one from Home Depot...I'm going to check the supply lines...if water is okay out of the supply lines, then I'm guessing I need to get a new faucet?

Old 11-04-09, 03:51 PM
S
Or take the faucet apart and try to find the blockage. At worst you ruin the faucet (which isn't working anyway) and have to buy a new one, at best you fix the problem and learn how the faucet works so you can fix future problems should they occur.

Old 11-04-09, 04:00 PM
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
if water is okay out of the supply lines, then I'm guessing I need to get a new faucet?
Not necessarily. Note removing cartridges was my second suggestion. Try that first. I'd lean toward clogged cartridges.

Suggestion: In the future open all taps and remove the aerators before turning the water back on. This allows the gunk to flush out instead of backing up in a closed faucet.

Old 11-05-09, 06:44 AM
M
Thanks for everyone's input...looks like I have a couple of things to try now...appreciate the advice and will let you know how it turns out...thanks.

Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: