Pressure testing of plumbing system

Old 12-23-09, 07:54 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pressure testing of plumbing system

Hello All,

Can anyone assist me with finding the a portable manual (hydraulic) pump that can be used to pressure test water lines in domestic installations. I used one once, it was about the size of a lunch box and was complete with a reservoir that held about 1 1/2 litres of water. A brand name or link to a website will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 12-23-09, 07:58 PM
Well my friend, Where I live we use air to test our water lines and sometimes even our drain lines. That will consist of a simple compressor. If a Hydrostatic test is required, I am going to assume that a pump for that type of test is very expensive and I would find it a little overkill unless that is your local code, If I have mis-understood your question, please let me know. Thanks, Mark

Old 12-24-09, 02:51 PM
Question

I have to agree with (plumbingods) sounds like overkill. If you could post back and tell us exactlly what you want to test you may get a better answer

Old 01-04-10, 10:36 AM
M
I used such a pump when I was a mechanic in the military. The brand was Mansfield & Green. But they are quite expensive. I'd check with your local inspector to see what the testing requirements are. Hard to believe, but where I'm building my house, there are NO pressure-testing requirements for supply or DWV piping. Of course, it's easy to test the supply side - just turn on the water and look for leaks. The next county over requires the entire DWV system to be filled with water. Others require an air test.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: