Kitchen faucet noise


Old 12-28-09, 02:13 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: usa
Posts: 9
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kitchen faucet noise

A single handle faucet with spray attachment. When the faucet is turned on it will make a noise like a little jack hammer, hot or cold side, makes no difference. If you run water through the spray attachment the noise will stop. As soon as the sprayer is turned off the noise starts again. Need suggestions on where to start looking.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-09, 02:18 PM
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 1,957
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There is a part within the faucet body called the diverter,this is what changes the water from spout to sprayer and back.Sounds like it needs to be replaced.Designs vary depending on brand and type of faucet but it is generally under or near the spout inside the faucet body.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: