RainSoft WaterSoftner Leak

Old 02-16-10, 08:59 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
RainSoft WaterSoftner Leak

I used the by pass on both tanks and the leak stopped, how can I fix the leak? Will the life time warranty cover if I call the plumber or are gaskets not covered by the warranty? My unit is almost 2 years old and I still owe about 4 yrs to pay off the unit. Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-10, 09:05 AM
Group Moderator
Received 226 Votes on 208 Posts
Since you did not say where the leak is located it is impossible to say how to fix it. Water can possibly leak from many different places: tubing, fittings, venturi housing... Some can be fixed by simply tightening a fitting, there could be an O-ring or gasket that needs replacing or a housing could be cracked.

Look at your waranty to see what is covered or call the manufacturer or your installer. They should be able to tell you what is covered and what is not.

Old 02-16-10, 01:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I don't see a leak at the tanks or at the tanks that hold the salt. There is a pipe that goes out from one of the tanks and drains into the yard, the water is constantly coming out of the pipe-looks like the a faucet that was not closed right. The pipe drains into an area that has an irrigation contol valve cover, the lower half which is black is about 11 inches high, about 8 inches was full of water. Do you think its a ring or gasket inside one of the tanks?

Old 02-16-10, 02:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 226 Votes on 208 Posts
The irrigation box outside is probably unrelated to your water softener. It was just an easy place for them to dump the waste water.

There may be two drain tubes from your softener and neither should have water coming out all the time. One will only drain water when the unit regenerates which is usually during the middle of the night when you are sleeping. The other line drains water if there is a leak and it drains the water outside instead of making a mess inside the house.

You could have a bad seal or a valve stuck open. I would certainly call to see if your problem might be covered under waranty. The kicker might be if they cover the parts but not labor.